Pancakes - From Renee
1 1/3 cup old fashion oats
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup cottage cheese (or ricotta)
2 large eggs
½ cup water
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat griddle (medium to low) while getting ingredients ready.
2. Combine oats & baking powder in a food processor until fine as flour. Put this into a mixing bowl and add ricotta or cottage cheese, egg, water, vanilla & oil, then cinnamon, mix until smooth
3. Scoop onto hot greased gridle (use non stick pam) cook like regular pancakes. As they begin to bubble, watch the bottom. Once browned, flip and cook until golden brown. Top with fruit and sugar free or low sugar syrup.
Taco Salad – From Renea
10 oz frozen cauliflower rice
2-3 Tbsp oil
2 lbs lean ground beef
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 small white onion, chopped
1 Tbsp taco seasoning
1 Tbsp tomato paste
½ cup water
3 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
1 cup sour cream (low fat)
Avocado / guac
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pan fry cauliflower in oil until browned. Put into bottom of casserole dish. Brown ground beef, pepper & onion. Drain. Add seasoning, tomato paste & water, mix well and then add to casserole dish. Top with cheese. Cook 10-15 mins
Once finished top with sour cream & add veggie toppings and remaining cheese
Garlic Chicken Pizza - From Renee
1 head cauliflower (medium) recipe follows
3 oz hard cheese of your choice (shredded)
6-8 oz chicken, grilled
3-4 oz tomatoes, chopped
½ tsp Italian seasoning
Sea Salt & Pepper to tase
1 clove garlic, minced / or ½ tsp garlic
This pizza makes 4 servings. Be sure to drain al the water from the cauliflower for a nice crisp crust.
1. Take 1 head of cauliflower & cut into chunks (and away from stem). Put these chunks into food processor. You want it to look like rice. Put into a microwave safe bowl & cook for 8-10 mins. Set aside & let cool to the point you can handle the cauliflower.
2. You will need a cheese cloth or plain white town to squeeze the excess water from cauliflower.
3. Once all water is squeezed from cauliflower, add ½ of cheese & 1 egg, all seasoning + garlic.
4. Preheat pizza stone or pan oven to 450.
5. Form into a ball, get 2 pieces of parchment paper, spray pam cooking spray on each and place between & roll out thin.
6. Remove the top parchment and spray the pizza stone or pan and place it inverted on top of crust and then carefully flip over. Then remove the second parchment paper.
7. Add toppings, chicken, veggies & remaining cheese. Cook 7-10 more.
8. Let stand & cool 3-5 mins before cutting.