Overnight Chia Pudding
1 cup canned light coconut milk
2/3 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped fresh mango
1/4 cup raw coconut chips, toasted
1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk, chia seeds, yogurt, syrup, and salt. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
2. Spoon pudding into bowls. Top with mango, coconut, macadamia nuts, and additional chia seeds.
Slow Cooker Chicken
Slimming World Curry Sauce Ingredients:
250 g Carrots/Tomatoes
600 g Butternut Squash
1 Small Onion
1 Tsp Garlic Puree
1 Tsp Ginger Puree
1 Tbsp Garam Masala
1 Tsp Tikka Curry Powder
½ Tsp Turmeric
1 Tsp Paprika
Salt & Pepper
½ Tsp Chilli Powder optional
1. Peel and dice your butternut squash, onion, and carrots. Load into the slow cooker with all the seasonings apart from 1tsp of garam masala. Mix your vegetables well with your hands so that the dry seasonings are well rubbed into the vegetables.
2. Place your chicken breasts on top of the veggies and season with the remainder of the garam masala. Place the lid on your slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on high for shredded chicken or 3 hours on high for cubed chicken.
3. Then remove the chicken with a spatula and put to one side.
4. Use a hand blender to blend the vegetables until smooth.
5. Either dice or shred the chicken and stir into the butter chicken curry sauce.
6. Serve with your favourite sides.
Turkey Burgers with Zucchini
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 ½ cups finely shredded zucchini about 1 medium
1 large garlic clove grated
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1. In large mixing bowl, add ground turkey, zucchini, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix well.
2. Form 6 large turkey burger patties about a size of a medium hand. Flatten them as burgers “jump up” while cooking. Use wet hands to help with stickiness issue. I usually form patties as I am waiting for skillet to get hot and as I go.
Stovetop: Preheat medium ceramic non-stick skillet on low-medium heat. It’s important to cook turkey burgers low and slow so they get cooked through and do not fall apart (they won’t). Add about 1.5 tbsp of oil to the skillet and swirl around. Place 3 patties in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes per side, flipping once. Repeat with remaining oil and burgers.
If grilling, freeze burgers for 10 minutes prior. Helps to hold their shape. Preheat grill on medium and spray with cooking spray. Spray turkey patties on both sides with cooking spray, place on a grill and cook for 6-8 minutes flipping once. Grills vary, so check your burger for doneness by inserting a food thermometer into the center of the patty. You are looking for 165 degrees = done.
3. Serve hot and right away is the best. Burgers are the juiciest this way. Serve traditional way on a whole grain or thin multigrain bun with all the fixins. Or serve "naked" with mashed avocado (easy guacamole recipe) and store-bought salsa. Or on a bed of greens. Sky is the limit.