8ounces plain low-fat yogurt
granular sweetener equal to 1/2 cup sugar
1 1⁄2teaspoons vanilla extract
1⁄4teaspoon grated lemon rind (or to taste)
2tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Blend the cottage cheese for about a minute until perfectly smooth and free of lumps.
Add yogurt and blend another minute.
Add remaining ingredients and blend just to mix.
Spray a 9 inch square pan with cooking spray.
Pour the batter into the pan.
Bake about 40 minutes or til set (insert a needle or small sharp knife that comes out clean).
Let remain in turned off oven, with the oven door closed, until oven cools completely.
Remove from oven; let cool on a rack.
Chill for at least 12 hours.
Tomato Salad with Grilled Halloumi and Herbs
1 pound tomatoes, sliced into rounds
Flaky salt and freshly ground pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil
½ pound halloumi cheese, sliced into 4 slabs
5 basil leaves, torn
2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Arrange the tomatoes on a serving platter or four plates. Lightly squeeze the lemon over them and season with flaky salt and pepper.
3. Brush the grill grates with oil, then add the halloumi and cook, turning once, until marks appear and the cheese is warmed throughout, about 1 minute per side. Place on top of the tomatoes. Drizzle the salad with olive oil and sprinkle with the basil and parsley. Serve immediately.
Mini Chicken Shawarma
1 pound chicken tenders
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¾ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1¼ cups Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove, grated
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ red onion, thinly sliced
4 leaves romaine lettuce, shredded
½ English cucumber, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
16 mini pita breads
1. MAKE THE CHICKEN: Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, paprika and pepper to combine. Pour the marinade into the bag, seal and toss the chicken well to coat. Let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. MAKE THE SAUCE: While the chicken marinates, stir together the Greek yogurt, lemon juice and garlic in a medium bowl. Stir in the parsley and dill; season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off, and cook until it’s well browned on both sides and fully cooked, about 4 minutes per side. Chop it into bite-size strips.
4. To assemble, divide the chicken, onion, lettuce, cucumber and tomato evenly among the pitas.