Quickest South Beach Breakfast
1cup chopped Baby Spinach
1⁄4cup egg white ( pre-packaged ones)
1⁄4cup shredded reduced-fat cheese (can use fat free but I need some flavor)
Spray microwave safe dish with butter spray.
Put spinach in dish.
Put cheese on top.
Pour in egg whites.
Microwave for 2 minutes - whites will start to puff up.
Take out dish and stir.
Microwave another minute - cook until looks dry on top.
Lemon Salmon with Garlic and Thyme
Four 5- to 6-ounce salmon fillets Extra virgin olive oil, as needed Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 whole lemon, zested and sliced into thin rounds ½ teaspoon dried thyme 4 to 5 five garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. 2. Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish, and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle evenly with the lemon zest and thyme. Arrange the lemon slices on top of the fillets, and add the garlic cloves to the dish. 3. Transfer to the oven and bake until the salmon is cooked through and flakes with a fork, 18-20 minutes (adjust the baking time if your fillets are very thick or thin).
Grilled Peach, Prosciutto and Mozzarella Sandwich
2 slices sourdough bread
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 peach, thinly sliced
4 slices prosciutto
2 slices fresh mozzarella
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1. Brush the outside of the sourdough bread with the olive oil.
2. Place 1 piece of bread, oil side down, in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Layer half of the peach slices, prosciutto, mozzarella and rosemary onto the bread, then top with the second slice of bread (oil side up this time).
4. Cook until the bread is toasty and the cheese is melty, about 5 minutes per side.