SERVES 4YOU'LL NEED
1. Combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, chipotle, cilantro, and half of the lime juice in a food processor and pulse until well blended but still slightly chunky. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Mix the black beans, cumin, and remaining lime juice in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Use the back of a fork to lightly mash up the beans, adding a splash of warm water if necessary.
3. Coat a large non-stick skillet or sauté pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Break the eggs into the skillet; cook until the whites have set, but the yolks are still loose and runny.
4. On a separate burner, heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add the tortillas, 2 at a time; cook for 1 minute on each side, until lightly toasted.
5. To assemble the dish, spread the tortillas with the beans, top with the eggs, and top the eggs with the salsa. Garnish with more cilantro, if you like, and serve immediately.
Low Fat Seasoned Tilapia
4 Defrosted Tilapia fillets. defrost in the microwave if necessary
1-2 Tablespoons melted Original Smart Balance or dairy-free butter.
McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning
McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning
Preheat oven to 400.
Spray baking sheet with a non-stick spray.
Place defrosted fish on the baking sheet.
Melt Smart Balance in the microwave on low power.
Brush Tilapia with melted Smart Balance.
Heavily sprinkle both Grill Mate Seasonings over each fillet.
Place in the oven uncovered and bake 30-35 minutes.
Serve with cocktail sauce, tartar sauce or just as is.
Skinny Buffalo Ranch Tuna Salad
½ cup The Best Skinny Ranch Dressing or your favorite light ranch dressing
1 tablespoon hot buffalo wing sauce (I like Frank’s Red Hot sauce), see shopping tips
A little cracked black pepper
2 (5 ounce) cans white meat tuna, packed in water and drained
¾ cup celery stalks, diced small
⅓ cup carrots, diced small
Prepare The Best Skinny Ranch Dressing or use your favorite store-bought light ranch dressing.
In a medium bowl, add drained tuna. Mash with a fork until flaky. Add ranch dressing, hot buffalo wings sauce, black pepper, celery, and carrots to the tuna. Mix well until completely combined.
Store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3 days.