Egg White Breakfast Casserole
1 serving cooking spray
1 (32 ounce) container egg whites
⅓ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped
2 ½ cups cooked turkey sausage crumbles (such as Jimmy Dean®)
1 plum tomato, chopped
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk egg whites, yogurt, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Pour into the prepared dish.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until starting to set, about 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and onion in a pan until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Spread mushroom mixture, sausage crumbles, and tomato over the parbaked egg layer. Cover with Cheddar cheese.
5. Continue baking until eggs are set and cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes.
Spiralized Cucumber and Jicama Tostada Salad with Avocado
1 jicama, cut into spirals
1 English cucumber, cut into spirals
½ red onion, cut into spirals
2 mini sweet bell peppers, cut into matchstick pieces
1 large jalapeno, cut into spirals
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 avocados, mashed
1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
4 prepared tostada shells
10 grape tomatoes, halved
¼ cup chopped cilantro (Optional)
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Place jicama, cucumber, red onion, and bell peppers together in a mixing bowl. Toss with lime juice and avocado oil until combined; refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes.
2. Season the mashed avocado with garlic salt. Spread the avocado mixture evenly over tostada shells. Top evenly with jicama mixture and grape tomatoes. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 (4 ounce) salmon steaks
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon lemon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup water
1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cups boiling water
1 cup uncooked couscous
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place salmon in the skillet, and season with garlic, lemon pepper and salt. Pour 1/4 cup water around salmon. Place tomatoes and cilantro in the skillet. Cover, and cook 15 minutes, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
2. Bring 2 cups water to boil in a pot. Remove from heat and mix in couscous. Cover, and let sit 5 minutes. Serve the cooked salmon over couscous, and drizzle with sauce from skillet.