Spinach and Mushroom Egg Casserole
1 teaspoon butter
1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
1 (16 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
½ cup butter, melted
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach - thawed, drained and squeezed dry
2 (4.5 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1 teaspoon butter.
2. Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, 1/2 cup melted butter, flour, spinach, mushrooms, baking powder, and salt; mix. Pour egg mixture into prepared baking dish.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
Grilled Salmon Steaks with Savory Blueberry Sauce
½ cup chicken stock
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup orange juice
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ cup chicken stock
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock, vinegar, orange juice, and honey into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup of chicken stock, and stir into the simmering sauce. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens and turns clear, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the blueberries and chives, and keep warm over low heat.
2. Preheat grill to medium high-heat.
3. Brush salmon with oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with blueberry sauce.
Zucchini Artichoke Summer Salad
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt and ground black pepper to taste
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-inch sticks
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook chicken breasts in the hot oil until they are no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 5 to 10 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Heat remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat; cook and stir zucchini in the hot oil until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Transfer zucchini to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
4. Mix zucchini, garbanzo beans, olives, artichoke hearts, and Parmesan cheese with chicken; toss to combine. Chill in refrigerator before serving, about 1 hour.