1⁄2 Tbsp butter 6 eggs, beaten Salt and black pepper to taste 4 oz ham, cut into thin strips 4 whole wheat or multigrain English muffins, split and lightly toasted 1 cup prepared salsa 1 cup shredded low-fat Jack or Cheddar cheese
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Heat the butter in a large nonstick pan.
3. When the butter is fully melted, season the eggs with salt and pepper, then add to the pan, along with the ham strips.
4. Cook, using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to keep stirring the eggs as they set.
5. Remove the pan from the heat about 30 seconds before the eggs are fully done (they'll continue to cook in the pan and in the oven).
6. Slather each English muffin half with a good spoonful of salsa.
7. Divide the eggs among the English muffins, then top with the cheese.
8. Place all the English muffins on a baking sheet and broil (6" from the heat is ideal) until the cheese is fully melted and browned around the edges.
Low Fat Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Broccoli
1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
⅓ cup basil pesto (homemade, vegan, or purchased)
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to serve (or vegan Parmesan)
Cook the spaghetti squash: follow Roasted Spaghetti Squash or Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash.
Allow the squash to cool slightly, then use a fork to scrape out the squash into “spaghetti” strands. Place the noodles in a colander or strainer and rest for 10 minutes to remove any extra moisture.
In a bowl, combine the pesto, Parmesan, and squash noodles. Toss until well combined. Taste, and add additional salt or pesto as necessary. (Leftovers store in the refrigerator for a few days; you may have to refresh the flavor with additional pesto.)
1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
1 medium yellow onion peeled and diced
1 ounce taco seasoning (1 packet)
1 ounce ranch seasoning mix (1 packet)
15 ounces canned black beans rinsed and drained
15 ounces canned red kidney beans rinsed and drained
15 ounces canned corn drained
15 ounces canned petite diced tomatoes
10 ounces Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
14.5 ounces chicken broth
In a large pot, cook the ground turkey and onion until the turkey is cooked through and browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Stir in taco seasoning and ranch mix.
Add the black beans, kidney beans, corn, diced tomatoes, Rotel, and chicken broth to the pot. Stir everything together, cover the pot, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir once more before serving warm. Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro is desired.