Turkey Sausage Breakfast
1 pound ground turkey sausage
4 eggs, lightly beaten
4 green onions, finely chopped
1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
½ cup milk
1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Place turkey sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. In a large bowl, stir together eggs, green onions, hash browns, milk, cheddar cheese and cooked sausage. Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
Vermicelli Noodle Bowl
¼ cup white vinegar
¼ cup fish sauce
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon canola oil
2 tablespoons chopped shallots
8 medium shrimp, with shells
1 (8 ounce) package rice vermicelli noodles
1 cup finely chopped lettuce
1 cup bean sprouts
1 English cucumber, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
¼ cup finely chopped pickled carrots
¼ cup finely chopped diakon radish
¼ cup crushed peanuts
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
3 tablespoons finely chopped Thai basil
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1. Whisk vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl; set sauce aside.
2. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; cook and stir until softened and lightly caramelized, about 8 minutes.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Skewer 4 shrimp on each skewer and grill until they turn pink and are charred on the outside, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
4. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add vermicelli noodles and cook until softened, 12 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water, stirring to separate noodles.
5. Assemble vermicelli bowl by placing cooked noodles in one half of each serving bowl; place lettuce and bean sprouts in the other half. Top each bowl with cucumbers, carrots, daikon, peanuts, cilantro, Thai basil, mint, and caramelized shallots. Serve with shrimp skewers and sauce on the side. Pour sauce on top and toss thoroughly to coat before eating.
Chicken Fiesta Salad
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (1.27 ounce) packet dry fajita seasoning, divided
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
½ cup salsa
1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, cut into wedges
1. Rub chicken evenly with 1/2 the fajita seasoning. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear; set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, mix beans, corn, salsa and other 1/2 of fajita seasoning. Heat over medium heat until warm.
3. Prepare the salad by tossing the greens, onion and tomato. Top salad with chicken and dress with the bean and corn mixture.